عزيزي الزائر / عزيزتي الزائرة
يرجي التكرم بتسجبل الدخول اذا كنت عضو معنا
او التسجيل ان لم تكن عضو وترغب في الانضمام الي اسرة المنتدي

سنتشرف بتسجيلك
شكرا
The AircraftCarrier Interpid 829894
ادارة المنتدي المهندس محمود بحريه The AircraftCarrier Interpid 103798[/center]
موقع اسكندريه اليوم http://mando.forumado.net
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
موقع اسكندريه اليوم http://mando.forumado.net

أهلا بك يا زائر في موقع اسكندريه اليوم http://mando.forumado.net

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخولالاخبار المحليه والعالميهتوقيت العالم

The AircraftCarrier Interpid

اذهب الى الأسفل 
3 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
batata
عضو مبتدى
عضو مبتدى

عدد المساهمات : 17
نقاط : 47
الرتبه : 1
تاريخ الميلاد : 06/10/1989
تاريخ التسجيل : 29/08/2009
العمر : 34

The AircraftCarrier Interpid Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: The AircraftCarrier Interpid   The AircraftCarrier Interpid I_icon_minitimeالجمعة سبتمبر 11, 2009 4:10 am

The AirCraft Carrier Interpid
Anatomy of The Ship

Product Description:

The Essex-class aircraft carriers are famous for their effectiveness and reliability as warships and the mammoth construction programs they initiated. Built in 1941, the Intrepid (CV11) was one of the class of twenty-four vessels constructed during and immediately after World War II. Carrying ninety aircraft each, they formed the main air strength and striking power of the U.S. Pacific Fleet against the Japanese from 1943 to 1945. Written by well-known warship historian John Roberts, this classic reference on this classic ship features the extensive diagrams and photographs that this series has become justly famous for. It also offers an authoritative description of the concepts, design, modifications, and operational history of the Intrepid.

Summary: Exquisite Technical Drawings, Lacking In Post-War Data
Rating: 4

Although it's only the second book in the "Anatomy of the Ship" series, this slim book on the Essex-class carrier "Intrepid" is an excellent sophomore effort. The main focus is on technical drawings, depicting in detail the ship's general arrangement, hull construction, machinery, and weapons. Robert's fastidious attention to detail is evident throughout, whether it's in cross-section through an armor bolt, a close-up of a dog on a quick-acting door, or a perspective view of the navigating bridge that shows every piece of equipment contained within. The arrangement of hull plating, the layout of protective plating, flight deck equipment, even fittings such as watertight doors and rope reels, are depicted.

Unfortunately, there isn't a single drawing or photograph of the ship's appearance after World War II, and no information on the ship's hull form. The introduction is pretty short and skims over Intrepid's history in a couple pages. Then again, I buy these books for the schematics, and as someone fascinated by naval architecture, I'm happy to see so many high-quality drawings in a single title. Not something that will thrill anyone looking for a narrative history of the ship, but serious naval enthusiasts will love it.

Summary: Hit & Miss
Rating: 3

I found this book a combination of general historical facts intermixed with some great technical drawings. To be honest, the history of the ship didn't take up too much space in the book, and it was vague at best. A detailed account of its design history and battles across the Pacific would have been more interesting if it was not done is a form of bullet-point. Many of the CAD drawings are good, particularly the cutaway of the of the ship, as well as many of the other sections of the ship. I thought the detailed drawing of the bridge to be overkill and self-indulgence. I found it strange that there was little to no historical information on the different types of aircraft carried throughout the Pacific War and/or squadron information. This book should have dedicated a chapter or two designated to it. This ship is an aircraft carrier and should have more dedicated to its reason for being other than a few drawings at the end.

Summary: The Aircraft Carrier Intrepid
Rating: 5

I recently obtained the USNI Press's reissue of noted naval historian John Roberts' Anatomy Of The Ship series on the USS Intrepid, the Essex-class carrier now serving as a museum in NYC Harbor. The book, originally published about 22 years ago, holds up remarkably well. It has tight but useful text, great photos, and - of course - the kinds of drawing-after-drawing-after-drawing of the ship, it's details and fittings, etc., that you've come to expect from the AOTS series.

This AOTS book includes a complete description of this early (CV-11) Essex-class fleet carrier, an up-scale/modernized version of the earlier Yorktown class carriers (which also included Hornet and Enterprise). The photo section focuses on Intrepid, but includes shots of other Essex carriers. Several photos show the Intrepid's deck overloaded with aircraft being transported to the Pacific Theater, which would make a great basis for a display model (if you don't mind scratch-building P-61 Black Widows, PV-2 Harpoons and other land-based aircraft seldom seen on aircraft carriers. Camoflage is important for these mid/late war carriers, and the Intrepid's dazzle scheme is well-presented (along with camouflage of the F6F Hellcat.

Of course, the heart and soul of the AOTS books are the drawings - these in 1/350th scale, ideal for use with the new 1/350th Essex class kits now out on the market. These are nothing short of superb.

The cover says "complete with 1/350th Scale fold-out plan" and I looked several times trying to find this fold-out in the reprint ... then it hit me. The inner side of the dust jacket IS the "fold-out plan" - a brilliant printing solution, and something that makes this plan even easier to use than if it had been bound into the book.

I've been fortunate to spend a lot of time on the USS Hornet (CV-12), now a museum ship in San Francisco Bay (at Alameda). Though modernized, she's still very much an Essex, and my familiarity with the class convinces me even more than might otherwise be the case that this book is a "must" for ship modelers or WW-II Naval historians.

Summary: ONE OF THE SERIES FOUNDERS
Rating: 4

This is the second in the series, and whilst it is a great book, it lacks the detail of many of the other in this series. It only covers the WWII era of this vessel that served up to Vietnam. Very hard to find but still perfect for any enthusiast or modeller.

الرابط
http://rapidshare.com/files/254488554/USS_Intrepid.rar
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
المهندس محمود بحريه
نائب المدير
نائب المدير
المهندس محمود بحريه

أفضل قدوة لك في حياتك : خاتم الانبياء والمرسلين صلى الله وعليه وسلم
ذكر
المزاج : القراءه
عدد المساهمات : 701
نقاط : 2044
الرتبه : 129
تاريخ الميلاد : 18/05/1985
تاريخ التسجيل : 09/08/2009
العمر : 38
المهنه : مهندس بحرى

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: The AircraftCarrier Interpid   The AircraftCarrier Interpid I_icon_minitimeالجمعة سبتمبر 11, 2009 2:38 pm

شكرا لك على هذه الموسوعه
وليه ليك معلومه ان لاسف فى مصر لا توجد حامله الطائرات
وانا متاكد من ذلك
http://mando.forumado.net
batata
عضو مبتدى
عضو مبتدى

عدد المساهمات : 17
نقاط : 47
تاريخ الميلاد : 06/10/1989
تاريخ التسجيل : 29/08/2009
العمر : 34

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: The AircraftCarrier Interpid   The AircraftCarrier Interpid I_icon_minitimeالجمعة سبتمبر 11, 2009 2:43 pm

أنا عارف إن ما فيش في مصر حاملات طائرات وأقصى ما عندنا من السفن المدمرات ، أو سفن الصيد الكبيرة ، ولكن ليس هناك مانع من الدراسة والفهم يمكن يكون عندنا في يوم من الأيام ربع حاملة طائرات .
الزعيم
مدير العام
مدير العام
الزعيم

الهواية : كره القدم
أفضل قدوة لك في حياتك : الرسول صلى الله وعليه وسلم
ذكر
المزاج : عالى
عدد المساهمات : 229
نقاط : 381
تاريخ الميلاد : 20/11/1985
تاريخ التسجيل : 10/08/2009
العمر : 38
مكان الميلاد : شاطى الحب
المهنه : موظف بوزاره هامه

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: The AircraftCarrier Interpid   The AircraftCarrier Interpid I_icon_minitimeالسبت سبتمبر 12, 2009 2:35 am

كلمك مسبوط اخى
ومشكورا على مجهودك
http://mando.forumado.net

The AircraftCarrier Interpid
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
موقع اسكندريه اليوم http://mando.forumado.net :: مجال الهندسة :: الهندسه البحريه-
انتقل الى: